Browser Compatibility Issues
The picks software here at ProLineup.com is cross-browser compatible in most cases. However, the software does not work on MSN in some cases.
To make your picks, there are a couple of browsers that work perfectly. Try either:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
For good results, although not fully functional you may also use:
- Internet Explorer
- The best browser to use for ProLineup.com Pick’em games for both MAC and PC is Mozilla FireFox followed by Chrome. Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari are only partially supported.
- Known Issues –Safari and Opera browsers are only partially supported. These browsers cannot handle certain CSS styles within the pick’em forms, so it is more difficult to determine which Confidence values have been used when making your Confidence Selections. Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera browsers work fine otherwise, just not as convenient.
- Solutions – We suggest downloading Mozilla FireFox or for a slightly less user friendly experience, download Chrome. These are excellent, free browsers that have been fully tested here at ProLineup.com.
How to Play
Questions concerning Pro Football Pick 'em pools and How to Play them at Pro Lineup.com.
Select your League from the Drop-Down Menu in the Upper-Right area of your screen. Upon selecting the League you wish to make picks in, the League Home will appear. Under the section labeled “Make Picks”, you may select the teams you wish to pick by simply clicking on the team’s image.
If you are in a “Confidence League” you will also need to select different confidence values for each game. You will do so by clicking on the Confidence selection box for each game and simply click the Confidence value you wish to place on that game.
Basically, the Confidence value reflects how much confidence you have in your pick.
- All confidence values must be unique.
- Place the highest Confidence value on the team you think will most easily win.
- Place the lowest Confidence value on the team you think has the toughest match-up.
- Your score will be the Confidence Value of your Correct Picks.
If your Pool uses the Spread option, the Spread is applied to the Favorite Team.
- Example 1: If the Favorite Spread is -2.5, it means that Team is a 2.5 point Favorite and if your League uses the spread, that Team must win by 3 points or more to win the game.
- Example 2: If the Favorite Spread is -4, it means that Team is a 4 point Favorite and if your League uses the spread, that Team must win by 5 or more to win the game.
If you have made your picks for a given week then leave the League Home page, your picks and confidence values should be visible when you return to the League Home page for the given week.
All ties, in all pools are considered a loss. With or without the spread, you must choose a winner.
You cannot choose a tie in our Pick ’em pools.
Join a League
Frequently Asked Questions about how to join a football pool to play pro pickem here at ProLineup.com.
If the League you were invited to is Private, you will receive a Password in the Invitation Email. After you have Registered and Logged In, click on Join a League be sure to Click on the Join a PRIVATE League Tab to enter the Password.
If the League you are trying to Join is not on the List of PUBLIC League, it may be a PRIVATE League, or you may have the wrong League Name.
- Check the Invitation Email you received to see if there was a Password contained in the instructions and to verify the League Name.
- If the League is Private, after you click on Join a League, be sure to Click on the Join a PRIVATE League Tab to enter the Password.
- If you did not receive an Invitation Email, check with the League’s Host to get the Password or the correct League Name.
League Settings and Admin
Only the League Administrator may Change your Pools Settings. To Change your League’s Pool Settings, select the League from your League Selector then go to the League Admin Tab. On the right side of the Admin Control Panel, use the Pool Options form to Change your League’s Pool Settings.
You may only change settings until the first day of the season.
Yes. The Administrator may simply click on “League Admin” then click the + symbol on the Invitation Form to Add Additional Emails.
Yes, if you are the League Administrator, but you may also simply change your league settings on the League Admin tab on your League Home Page.
League Administrators – To Delete or Remove a League permanently, go to the League Admin tab on the League Home page, then click the “Schedule This League for Deletion” button.
Profile, Membership and Account Settings
Frequently Asked Questions about my ProLineup.com Profile and Account Settings.
No. However, soon anyone can click on your Username to see you Achievements, Trophies and History.
The only Profile information other Members can see is your Username and Avatar, unless you are the League Administrator.
For League Administrators, when you send invitations to your League, recipients will see your name in the invitation if you have entered your name in your profile.
Yes you can.
Simply go to My Settings and uncheck the Reminder Email Check Box.
If you wish to Delete your Account completely and Remove your Registration Information from our records, just send a request via the Support Form by clicking on the Support Menu Link.
Frequently Asked Questions about how to register at ProLineup.com.
No. The ProLineup.com Football Pool software requires that each participant has a unique email address, so I would suggest using a free email service to create an email account for “gaming” purposes.
There are a number of excellent free providers including but not limited to:
- Gmail http://gmail.com
- Yahoo http://yahoo.com
- HotMail http://hotmail.com
The password you see upon registering is automatically generated for you by the system. It is intended to be only an example. If it is too long or inconvenient, please feel free to change it.
You may change your password before you click reset password, or after you log in by going to My Settings.